The kitchen and living room
Finally! I am out of the dorm rooms and in a home with an energetic French woman named Christine. She is a director of a local
travel agency(which by the way are still a good business in France) and a brilliant cook! Lucky me! Living with Christine helps me to practice my French a lot. She speaks Spanish but not too much English, so I get to work on my french grammar constantly. Love it!My room is quaint and has a door that opens to outside. I am so happy with my surroundings. Part of my stay includes having dinner with Christine each night. It has been a great way to get to know the french culture and french cuisine and, as I've only been here for 5 days, I know it will keep getting better and better!
Dinner usually consists of the following: 1st: the hot dish (crepes, salmon and mushroom tart, etc.), 2nd: crudites (salad, tomatoe salad, green beans etc), 3rd: bread and cheese ( fresh bread from bakery, and leerdammer, camembert, chevre, brie or whatver other cheeses we have), 4th: dessert (fruit tart, yogurt, pudding, fromage blanc)
What a paradise!!!!

Hi Kassy, it sounds like you are having an amazing time. love you.
ReplyDelete