Hi friend and family!
Things are going really well here. I have started two of my classes now: French methodology and French phonetics. I really enjoy the phonetics class so far!
My french has been drastically improving the last couple weeks. I was so excited that I could have an actual phone conversation today! When I first got here it was very very hard (and still is a challenge) to communicate on the phone with friends in French.
Okay so here is my 10 things list for this week....
10. Everything is closed on Sundays. Grocery stores, restaurants, everything.
9. People don't say hi (or smile either) on the street, on the metro, or in the stores unless they know each other.
8. People wait patiently in long lines at the grocery stores. More cash registers do not open up when the lines are long.
7. Phone calls are expensive! Every one uses text messaging to avoid it.
6. People are super polite. Please and thank you always always.
5. There is NO snacking between meals. There are commercials with health safety warnings about snacking between meals.
4. Rollerblading is still super cool.
3. Bikes are well respected in the streets.
2. There is no word for dating in French; you are either single or you have a boyfriend.
1. Macdonald's is the cool place to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment