So here I am with just two weeks to go before my journey. I feel excited but at the same time calm. I have learned that I like traveling better when I go with the flow and do NOT make extensive plans for my days abroad. With no expectations I find I don't have dissapoitment, only surprises. But, I do find myself daydreaming of eating croissants and du vin on occasion. I have been wanting to take this trip for a couple years now and the time is finally here. My first stop will be Dublin. I am arriving on the 21st of August and get to spend 4 days with the Irish. I have found someone to host me there through the program couchsurfing. AFter that I have one free day in Bordeaux France until my orientation begins on the 25th.
I have been reading through my program guide and finally recieved the calender of my school schedule. Aparently the school system is a bit more relaxed and dates are not established as early as they are here.
<---- My year long visa---
I have been reading through my program guide and finally recieved the calender of my school schedule. Aparently the school system is a bit more relaxed and dates are not established as early as they are here.
<---- My year long visa---
Anyhow my tenative calender for classes for University of Bordeaux III, Michel de Montaigne*:
Semester 1--- October 12, 2009
Xmasbreak---- December 19 2009-January 4 2010
Exams---- January 25-30 2010
If I decide to stay for a full year, my Semester II would look like this:
Semester 2--- February 1, 2010
Easter Break---- April 24- May 2
Exams---- May 3-14
Last day--- End of May
*I am attending University of Bordeaux, however it is broken up into numbers depending on the major. Since I am a linguistics major I will be in III.
My actual classes (which are all taught in French with French students!) dont start for nearly three weeks or so after my arrival, I will be taking a two week long language intensive course. During this time it will be back to dorm life living until I am placed into a homestay with a French family.
I suppose that is the "plan" for now.
A tout a l'heure (Until later)
Semester 1--- October 12, 2009
Xmasbreak---- December 19 2009-January 4 2010
Exams---- January 25-30 2010
If I decide to stay for a full year, my Semester II would look like this:
Semester 2--- February 1, 2010
Easter Break---- April 24- May 2
Exams---- May 3-14
Last day--- End of May
*I am attending University of Bordeaux, however it is broken up into numbers depending on the major. Since I am a linguistics major I will be in III.
My actual classes (which are all taught in French with French students!) dont start for nearly three weeks or so after my arrival, I will be taking a two week long language intensive course. During this time it will be back to dorm life living until I am placed into a homestay with a French family.
I suppose that is the "plan" for now.
A tout a l'heure (Until later)

hey tall traveler! greetings from santa cruz. i hope you are doing well. can't wait to hear about your adventures. be safe.
ReplyDelete