Saturday, August 29, 2009

3 days in dublin

I understand why people say the Irish are so friendly. I was on my way to a lookout point (30 minute uphill walk) when a 70 year old gentlemen pulled over and offered to drive me up to the top. As soon as I had finished at the top a group of people offered me a ride home. I love the Irish people.
I stayed with 2 Irish fellows in my own bedroom, in a house located in the Northern part of Dublin.
On my first day on the town, I went wandering though downtown. Met a genuinely nice fellow on the bus and he guided me to the tourist center to ge a map of the area. I wandered through the very old yet still functioning Trinity College and guided myself through the lively shopping area and to the lovely park.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing St. Patrick’s Cathedral, a grand Catholic church that marks the spot that St. Patrick baptized many of the Irish. But I know what your thinking…. Where’s the guinness? Well, I did spend one evening trying to keep up with an Irish buddy and his Spanish mate. We hit some of the local pubs which most surely have a pub feeling. But no Irish music… my friend says that “ thee Celtic music tis a show for da tourists.” (i'm trying to replicate the accent)I went to quite a nice beach town called Howth, about a 20 minute DART (Dublin area regional transit) ride from where I stayed. Fresh fish and chips never tasted so good. Took a brilliant walk around the area and met some nice Irish guys who drove me back home.
I felt at home on my stay. I thought it would be a bit more of a shock or change but really I felt quite comfortable. I adore the Irish! CHeers

No comments:

Post a Comment